What do you eat for breakfast? Have you really thought about it? You just take a box of cereal, pour some of it into a bowl, maybe you add milk, maybe you just eat it raw.
September is National Best Breakfast Month. A gentle reminder of how important it is to put something in your stomach before you start your day. Think of it like putting gasoline in a gas tank that has been empty overnight.
So I interviewed a few people to find out what they ate for breakfast. The only requirement was that they could eat whatever they wanted, but what did they eat most often within an hour or two of waking up.
While the answers probably won’t shock you, here’s what they said:
- Cereal. (Annoying, I thought) Then the person explained to me that they are not a morning person, so they need something quick that is super easy to do and clean. Another point they brought up was that they didn’t go to the grocery store often so the cereal was very easy to keep in the cupboard.
- Toasted bagel with cream cheese. A few people have said this is what they have with their coffee on the way to work. He was split in half as to whether the bagel should be toasted or not, lol.
- Egg sandwich. For some it was eggs and cheese, others bacon, eggs and cheese. What really caused the controversy? The cheese had to all be American and the discussions started when people said either a tough no to ketchup or a yes please, it has to be on it.
- Groats. Yes, that made the list. One person even said he ate cream of wheat. For the most part, it was the instant type. The reason? They felt like they were eating something healthy and it was super easy to prepare. Add hot water or a microwave.
- Breakfast burrito. This is something that I could totally support. This allows for a lot of flavors and toppings. However, I know from personal experience that this is the messiest breakfast and you have to sit down and eat it, without moving around, or you might have to change again before you get out of the house.
What do you eat for breakfast? Do you skip it? Share with us.