Here it is, the new jersey for a new chapter.
Cheltenham Town unveiled their new home kit for the upcoming League One campaign this morning.
Modern in design, it celebrates some of the most important figures in the club’s history.
The shirt retains its pinstripe design, this time on a darker red collared shirt.
It has an updated version of our club crest, adorned with a new rubberized crest.
Its silver features mark 25 years of working with our technical kit partners at Errea, believed to be the longest such partnership in the EFL.
The fabric is manufactured according to Oeko-tex standard certification.
And as we announced yesterday, Mira Showers will continue to be our main partner for a 15th season.
The design itself is a nod to the 1982/83 title-winning side, led by the club’s top scorer, Dave Lewis. The legendary striker has scored 290 goals in total and was recently added to our parking mural at Completely-Motoring Stadium.
Alan Wood’s side set off 40 years ago this summer to win the club’s first title in their history and paved the way for the club’s success today. To pay homage we added 1982/83 and a star in the neckline.
The new shirt, complete with red shorts and white socks, is the final piece in our “history makers” campaign this summer. This included our record collection of subscriptions and working with the Cheltenham Paint Festival.
About the shoot
We are delighted to be working with Tom Barton Photography for today’s launch. Tom is a local photographer, specializing in sports advertising and still life. He has over a decade of commercial experience with England, many Premier League clubs and many big brands.
For the shoot itself, we invited summer signings Tom Bradbury and Dan Adshead to join Cheltenham Town Ladies’ Jade Grove and Em Owen as they step into the third tier of English football for the first time. Season ticket holders will be able to cheer them on in their FA Women’s National League Southern Premier campaign as part of our offer in 2022/23.
How to buy the shirt
Our store will be open today until 3 p.m. for in-person purchases. All online sales by 11am tomorrow will be available for collection from midday (Saturday) ahead of the first home friendly against Cardiff City. Kick-off is at 3 p.m. We will wear the kit for the first time against the Welsh team.
Its price is £45 for adults and £35 for youth sizes.
We will continue to wear the blue ‘The 703’ away shirt in 2022/23, also available on our webshop and in store. We will wear this new home kit for the next two seasons.
- The shirt is a darker red with matching shorts and white socks
- It’s inspired by the 1982/83 title-winning band.
- We’ve added ‘1982/83’ and a star to the neckline to mark the Southern League Midland Division Championship, our first ever.
- The feat goes back 40 years to next May.
- The design also celebrates the achievements of Dave Lewis who played that season, scoring 18 goals in all competitions (out of 290 career goals).
- A new monochrome version of the badge, rubberized for the first time to improve quality.
- The badge, Errea logo and partner badges are designed in silver, a nod to our 25-year partnership with Errea, the longest in the EFL.
- This will be Mira’s 15th year as sponsors on the front of the shirt and Marchants on the reverse. HGV Drivers UK will feature on the shorts for the first time.
- This is our first kit to be manufactured to Oeko-tex standard certification, ensuring textiles are free from harmful chemicals.
- The jersey has been designed to celebrate our history with a modern look and feel for a new chapter at the club under new head coach Wade Elliott.
- The Cheltenham Town Ladies will play in the third tier of English football for the first time in their history.
- This is the final piece of our summer work for ‘History Makers’, which includes our record-breaking season ticket campaign and our collaboration with the Cheltenham Paint Festival.